Normal Films: Mission
POSSIBILITIES, DISABILITIES and the ARTS is the guiding inspiration behind Normal Films. Through the medium of film, public speaking, workshops, screenings, and the creation of educational materials, Normal Films’ mission is to promote “outside the box” thinking and doing, utilizing the fine arts, drama, music, dance, and other creative models as our greatest asset to educate and empower individuals with and without disabilities.
Normal Films: Goals
- Continue to create edgy, topical documentaries in disabilities that influence, educate and inspire abilities awareness and disabilities education.
- Create edgy, topical products beyond film, including books, tapes and other products for education purposes.
- Increase the number of families and professional who have access to our materials for educational purposes by providing workshops and symposiums.
- Increase knowledge of the power of the arts to influence process steps for individual with disabilities by providing “how to strategies” in film, music, painting, dance, and other forms of creative expression.
- Continue to collaborate with not-for profit organizations, schools and groups to include no, or low cost education for their membership, employees, students, and others.
- Increase awareness of the abilities of people with disabilities within the general population.
- Increase awareness of customized employment options and opportunities, with an emphasis on careers in creative fields for people with disabilities.
- Increase awareness of the family issues, especially the sibling issues related to their role in the family by providing sources of support.
- Increase awareness and education for individuals with disabilities that they become more empowered self-advocates, knowledgeable about their rights and responsibilities in society.
- Increase acceptance within community settings for inclusive living within our communities, expansion of opportunities to work community businesses, and the growth of opportunities for the enjoyment of recreational facilities.